The BT-Pro™ is a Bluetooth™ direct box designed to capture the wireless transmission from a Bluetooth enabled device and convert the signal to a balanced line for use in a PA system. To maximise reception, an innovative T-shaped access cavity has been developed, behind which is located the antenna. The antenna is protected by a milled insert made from Sintra - a rugged closed-cell PVC - which allows the wireless transmission signal to pass without interference for reception distances to 20 meters (60’). The audio signal path employs the latest Bluetooth wireless A2DP interface over 2.0 EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for higher speed transmission and better audio quality. Inside, the BT-Pro converts the data to a stereo analog signal, producing up to +4dB at the output. The signal level is controlled by a front panel potentiometer that is shared with the built-in headphone amp. This features a standard 3.5mm mini TRS and is used for trouble shooting. For greater flexibility, a stereo-to-mono switch is provided that sums the input for dualmono operation to reduce channel requirements on the mixer. Should noise be encountered, two side-mounted isolation transformers may be inserted into the signal path to eliminate ground loops. This is augmented with a ground lift switch for the XLRs to further help eliminate noise.
- Bluetooth stereo reception to 20 meters (60 feet!)
- Balanced XLR outputs for PA system interface
- Built-in headphone amp for trouble shooting
- Isolation transformers to eliminate buzz and hum
- Bridging audio files from a cell phone to the PA
- Transmitting audio files from a laptop
- Listening to stereo recordings in a recording studio