Crestron today announced that AirMedia, its all-new wireless HD presentation and collaboration solution for any meeting space is now shipping.
With AirMedia anyone can walk into a room and wirelessly present PowerPoint®, Excel®, Word and PDF documents, as well as photos, from their personal iOS® or Android™ mobile device on the room display. MacBook® and PC laptops can be connected seamlessly, as well, making presentations from almost any device fast and easy.
AirMedia offers robust features that facilitate content viewing, sharing and collaboration. Up to 32 users can connect at the same time in the same room and present content. Using Quad View, up to four presenters' content can be displayed simultaneously.
AirMedia offers simple plug-and-play installation and integrates with Crestron DigitalMedia™, control systems, and capture devices as part of a complete enterprise-wide AV distribution solution.
"The AirMedia console connects to the LAN, so it leverages existing IT security policies," said Fred Bargetzi, VP of Technology. "The desktop application can be silently deployed providing all employees wireless presentation and collaboration capabilities overnight. No additional software, AV equipment or control system is needed."
There are three easy ways to present wirelessly with AirMedia:
• Use a laptop and follow the instructions on the room display. Enter the Web address displayed on the splash screen to begin a presentation. No software installation is required, making it ideal for small to mid-sized organizations and guest presenters.
• Download the free app* to use on an iOS or Android device to instantly connect to AirMedia. Simply select the file to present on the room display and then swipe through slides on the mobile device.
• Use the enterprise PC application for Windows® or Mac OS®. After the IT department silently deploys this app to employee desktops, they can connect to any approved AirMedia device with a single mouse click.
Many benefits for today's workplace
• Wirelessly present PowerPoint, Excel, Word and PDF documents, as well as photos, from a personal iOS or Android mobile device on a room display.
• Seamlessly connect MacBook and PC laptops, making presentations from almost any device fast and easy.
• Display screen shots with the handy Shot & Show feature.
• Playback video from Mac® and PC laptops. (Video playback capabilities will vary from 15-20 fps depending on output resolution, CPU performance, and network conditions.)
• Collaborate and share content from up to four personal devices simultaneously on one room display.
• For very large meeting spaces, Remote View enables up to 40 participants either at the back of the room or in other locations to log in from a Web browser to view the presentation on their mobile devices.
• Securely connect AirMedia to your wired LAN − users connect to the existing wireless infrastructure, so there are no new access points to manage.
• Integrate AirMedia with Crestron DigitalMedia to distribute HD content throughout the organization.
Learn more about bringing wireless AV presentation and collaboration capabilities to your meeting rooms using AirMedia.
*Available at the end of August